How would you like a relaxing massage each day when you get home?
If you're one of the 80% of Americans that experience back pain at some point in their life, you'd probably love it. Back pain is on the rise as more people spend the majority of their time sitting at a desk.
Melt away your back pain, neck pain, or body aches with your own personal masseuse! There may be a few lucky people whose spouse is up for offering a massage every evening. But those folks are like unicorns, they don't actually exist.
The great thing about a massage chair is that it's always ready and waiting for you. Read on to learn how to pick out the best massage chair for you!
Arguably, the most important piece of the puzzle is how much the chair costs. You can find chairs for every price range. Chairs range from cheap, simple chairs to high-end chairs with all the bells and whistles.
An inexpensive massage chair sounds like a great idea. But don't go running out and buy one right away. The capabilities of these chairs are extremely limited and probably not something you'll be happy with in the long run.
You need to consider some features and what is important to you.
The most important feature is the type of massage. Chairs offer a range of massage technique that will appeal to different people.
- Shiatsu: The word actually means "finger pressure" and works by applying pressure to specific points, like in acupuncture.
- Swedish: This technique uses deep pressure and gently rubbing to massage sore muscles.
- Rolling: This is commonly used in the back of a massage chair, rollers use pressure to warm and relax the back muscles.
- Percussion: The chair treats your back like a drum, which sounds strange until you realize how relaxing that type of stimulation can be.
- Kneading: This may be what you usually think of with massage and works to relieve soreness and tension.
The best way to determine which type is your favorite is to try it out. Find a store near you to discover your favorite massage today!
Some chairs incorporate heat to help relieve sore muscles. This is a no-brainer if your doctor has told you that heat therapy would be good for you.
Some chairs also offer an airbag massage. If you've ever experienced one, you know that it is like being massaged by a cloud.
Some chairs only offer one level of intensity. Others give you a range to choose from for better customization.
Find Your Best Massage Chair
Massage chairs are an excellent way to relax after a long day. You don't have to make an appointment or a trip to the spa. It's right there for you whenever you want to use it.
Need some help choosing the best massage chair? Check out our amazing chairs! We have everything you're looking for in an awesome massage chair.